I Get Around

Surfing blogs tonight, I saw Charlotte over at the Army Mommy had a cool map on her site, showing which states she’s visited. I’ve seen this site before, but I never blogged the results. I’ve traveled a lot in my life, but I haven’t met my goal of hitting all of the states yet. Here you can see which ones I’ve been to.

create your own visited states map

Some of these I visited when I was 2 years old and younger, including the state I was born in (California), so I’d like to re-visit them as an adult. Here’s what my map looks like with the states I’ve visited that I can actually remember:

create your own visited states map

I’d also like to be more internationally well traveled. One day! Here is a map of my visited countries:

create your own visited countries map

That’s a little sad, isn’t it? Definitely one of my goals in life is to increase the amount of red on that map! Who’s with me?

[tags]Maps, visited States, visited countries, travel[/tags]

8 Responses to “I Get Around”

1. Tess says:

I saw that earlier and forgot to write about it!

Your countries visited is much more colored in then mine is, I’ve only been to the US!

2. tbeagle says:

Let’s go!

When I was a kid, our family would always drive for our summer vacations — and we tried to visit as many states as possible. It’s a very fond memory…

3. J.E. says:

Yeah, I need to get out more….

4. Drew says:

I love that map. I added one to my bio page. I am 7 states away from visiting all of them!

5. Jennifer says:

I need to fill in my map a little more as well!! I haven’t been any further west than Missouri. My world map gets the US, Canada, Costa Rica, England, Germany and Austria. Mexico if the Mexico City airport counts ;)

6. techie says:

“Who’s with me?”

I’ll travel with you. Where are you taking me next?

7. Sarakastic says:

Utah & Colorado look like one big state, I’m from Utah & I like the idea of us having more territory, maybe they should merge.

8. [...] done this before, but I like these things, so here’s another embedded map of my worldly travels. This one is a [...]